Just got this from the Chicken Soup people:
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Find Your Happiness
101 Stories about Finding Your Purpose, Passion, and Joy
Everyone wants to be happy but sometimes we need a little help finding our own path to happiness. What has worked for you? How have you found happiness in your life? Share your non-fiction stories about how you found purpose, passion, and/or joy in your life. Stories can be serious or funny, but definitely inspirational. Attitude adjustments, finding contentment and gratitude, a new way of handling your daily life, major realizations, and other great ideas to inspire readers to find their own paths to happiness would be appropriate.
Here are some possible story topics, just to get your creative juices flowing:
* Finding new purpose in paid or volunteer work
* Adjusting your attitude and seeing an aspect of your life in a new way
* Learning to be grateful
* Following your passion, whether for work, a creative project, or some other activity
* Experiencing contentment with things just the way they are
* Changing the way you view your daily life
* Having an epiphany about your life
* Overcoming hardships
* Making someone else happy
* Any story that you experienced that you think will help other people find their own path to happiness
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book if you so choose. You will also receive a check for $200 and 10 free copies of your book, worth more than $100. You will retain the copyright for your story and you will retain the right to resell it.
Please remember, we do not like “as told to” stories. Please write in the first person about yourself or someone close to you. Do not ghost write a story for someone else. If a story was previously published, we will probably not use it unless it ran in a small circulation venue. Let us know where the story was previously published in the “Comments” section of the submission form.
SUBMISSIONS GO TO http://chickensoup.com
Select the Submit Your Story link on the left tool bar and follow the directions.
The deadline date for story submissions is May 15, 2011. Publication date is October 2011.