I just got this email:
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Back Pain!
How to Handle Flare-Ups, Injuries, and Everyday Back Health
Chicken Soup for the Soul is teaming with Dr. Julie Silver of Harvard Medical School to create a wonderful new book, full of inspirational stories and useful medical information, to help people with back pain, whether it is occasional or chronic.
Almost all of us experience back pain at some point in our lives. Many people suffer far more than they need to and are looking for help. We’re seeking stories about people who have or have had back problems, found solutions to their pain, improved their mobility, learned to live with their problems, etc. We are interested in normal Chicken Soup for the Soul stories on this issue. Your stories will provide the inspiration and comfort to fellow back pain sufferers, and Dr. Julie Silver will provide the hard medical facts.
Here are some possible story topics, just to get your creative juices flowing:
- How your back problems started
- How you felt/feel physically and emotionally; what were/are your symptoms
- What you have done to reclaim your daily life despite the back pain
- What treatments you have pursued, both successful and unsuccessful
- What advice would you give to fellow back pain sufferers
- How you have used your mind to help you with your back
- How you have adjusted your life to accommodate your back
- Silver linings
- And any other topic you think would be helpful to someone else in your position
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book if you so choose. You will also receive a check for $200 and 10 free copies of your book. You will retain the copyright for your story and you will retain the right to resell it.
Please remember, we do not like “as told to” stories. Please write in the first person about yourself or someone close to you. Do not ghostwrite a story for someone else. If a story was previously published, we will probably not use it unless it ran in a small circulation venue. Let us know where the story was previously published in the “Comments” section of the submission form. If the story was published in a past Chicken Soup for the Soul book, please do not submit it.
SUBMISSIONS GO TO http://chickensoup.com
Select the Submit Your Story link on the left tool bar and follow the directions.
The book is scheduled for publication in May 2012. Submission deadline is July 31, 2011.