Chicken Soup for the Soul: Tough Times for Teens
101 Stories about the Hardest Parts of Being a Teenager
Chicken Soup for the Soul is currently accepting stories from teenagers and young adults for a new book about the tough times that some teens experience. This book will be a support and a companion for teenagers looking for comfort and inspiration while they overcome hardships of various kinds.
Please send us only true stories and poems written in the first person of no more than 1,200 words. Stories should not have been previously published by Chicken Soup for the Soul or other major publications. These must be your personal stories — things that happened to you or someone you were close to.
Here are some suggested topics, but we know you can think of many more:
- Loss of a friend, family member, or beloved pet
- Mental illness and suicide
- Overcoming disability
- Being teased or bullied
- Drinking or using drugs and the consequences of those actions
- Eating disorders and low self-esteem
- Physical, sexual, or mental abuse
- Academic struggles
- Seeing or taking part in violence
- Homosexuality and coming out
- Teen promiscuity and pregnancy
- Divorce and other problems with parents
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book if you so choose. You will also receive a check for $200 and 10 free copies of your book, worth more than $100. You will retain the copyright for your story and you will retain the right to resell it.
SUBMISSIONS GO TO http://chickensoup.com
Select the Submit Your Story link on the left tool bar and follow the directions.
DEADLINE IS JULY 31st. The book will be published in February 2012.