Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Power of Positive
101 Inspirational Stories about Changing Your Life through Positive Thinking
After the success of our book, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive, we are ready to make another book full of stories about how you changed your life, solved a problem, or overcame a challenge through a positive attitude, counting your blessings, or an epiphany of some kind. Tell us your success story about using the power of positive!
Topics could include:
- Attitude! It does make a difference
- The unexpected benefits of challenges
- Putting things in perspective
- Turning negative into positive
- How you spread the message of gratitude to others
- Lighten up and laugh!
- What made you realize that your life is good and that you are grateful
- Silver linings that you have discovered
- Appreciating the simple pleasures
- … Anything else that you think that is interesting and inspirational
Your stories or poems need to be nonfiction and about your personal experiences or those of someone close to you. No “creative writing” please. We prefer stories written in the first person and no more than 1,200 words. If you ghost-write a story for someone else, that person, not you, will be listed as the author of the story. We are no longer running “as told to” stories. Stories should not have been previously published by Chicken Soup for the Soul or other major print publications.
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book if you so choose. You will also receive a check for US $200 and 10 free copies of your book, worth more than $100. You will retain the copyright for your story and you will retain the right to resell it.
SUBMISSIONS GO TO http://chickensoup.com
Select the Submit Your Story link on the left tool bar and follow the directions.
DEADLINE FOR STORY SUBMISSIONS IS APRIL 30, 2012.