I just got this email (another call for submissions):
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress!
Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
Chicken Soup for the Soul is teaming with Dr. Jeff Brown of Harvard Medical School to create a wonderful new book, full of inspirational stories and useful medical information, to help people manage their stress, no matter where their stress comes from.
Everyone feels stressed out at some point in their lives. Many people have trouble getting their stress under control and are looking for help. We’re seeking stories about people who have felt or feel stressed out, found a way to resolve their stress, learned to rethink their stress, improved their lives by handling stress, etc. We are interested in normal Chicken Soup for the Soul stories on this issue. Your stories will provide the inspiration and comfort to those who are stressed out, and Dr. Brown will provide the hard medical facts.
Here are some possible story topics, just to get your creative juices flowing:
- How you managed the stress of a new baby
- How you got through a divorce
- How you held it together while planning an elaborate wedding with 300 guests
- What advice would you give to someone who has a difficult work situation
- What got you through tough financial times without falling apart
- How you learned to let go of anxiety and worry
- How you turned stress around and made it work for you
- Learning meditation helped you feel calmer and more focused on the important stuff
- Silver linings
- And any other topic you think would be helpful to someone else who wants to get their stress level under control
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book if you so choose. You will also receive a check for $200 and 10 free copies of your book. You will retain the copyright for your story and you will retain the right to resell it.
Please remember, we do not like “as told to” stories. Please write in the first person about yourself or someone close to you. Do not ghostwrite a story for someone else. If a story was previously published, we will probably not use it unless it ran in a small circulation venue. Let us know where the story was previously published in the “Comments” section of the submission form. If the story was published in a past Chicken Soup for the Soul book, please do not submit it.
SUBMISSIONS GO TO http://chickensoup.com
Select the Submit Your Story link on the left tool bar and follow the directions.
The book is scheduled for publication in May 2012. Submission deadline is August 7th, 2011.